Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quotable Sunday~1/11/2009

Are you ready for another Quotable Sunday? Seems I'm always late in the day posting mine, but at least I actually got it posted on SUNDAY this week instead of Monday. ;)
~ Post a new post on your blog with some of your favorite quotes.
~ Go over to "A Daily Dose of Toni" and post your link in the mister linkey.
~ Go check out all the other cool bloggers that are joining in Quotable Sunday, check back all day as people will post throughout the day.

Today my quotes come from the Native Americans~

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. -American Indian Proverb, Navajo

Contemplating this one, I am struck by the idea that so many people "release their thoughts" never thinking of how they may affect someone. It tells me to THINK before opening my mouth, which is something I do really have to work on.

There is nothing as eloquent as a rattlesnakes tail. -American Indian Proverb, Navajo

When I read this, I think of the future of our country. How alot of people don't look at the whole picture, they only look at what they WANT to see. A rattlesnake mesmerizes you with his tail, beautiful in both sight and sound, but look further, you could find there might be some venom behind that beauty and that venom could be our demise. It tells me don't be drawn in by the "obvious" just because it sounds good, make sure I look at the whole picture before taking another step.

I leave you with a Cherokee Prayer Blessing:


May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love love the first one it is so very true! I used to speak without thinking and didn't like the consequences it usually brought. I don't do that too often anymore.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great quotes, Angie! I, too, love the first one...so very true! :)