I am missing all my favorite blogs big time! I miss doing Tuesday's at the Table with Andrea, I miss Mari's Slow Cooking Thursday, I miss Julie's daily dose of crazy, heck, I miss all of you! I promise though, I will be back as soon as our dog show is over and things have gotten back to normal around here (well what DH and I call normal)
The dog show is on May 16 and 17, and since I am the Parking Chair, we are going to take the RV down on Thursday and I will just stay there until Sunday. DH will be down Friday after work to help and he will stay the rest of the weekend, so I'll only be there one day and one night without him. Our friends with the Bullmastiffs are always there to help park the RV's as well, so it will be a busy 2 days! Most folks start coming in on Friday, so I want to be there to mark off the reserved spaces and help get some of the other things set up. I will be showing Pappy, the baby of the bunch on Sunday, wish us luck.
Now for the award Jan at Jan's Place gave me, I was so honored to get this! Thank you so much for thinking of me, I really appreciate it. If you haven't met Jan yet, head over there and meet her, her horses and her dogs. You'll find a down to earth, neat lady! Is that not the cutest award?
Here's how it works:
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to up to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Coming up with 15 blogs is not going to be easy, there are so many great ones out there and I have to admit, alot of the blogs I visit are Dogs with Blogs, so I'm including both 2-legged and 4-legged friends in this list. ;) Also, most of these are not newly discovered, but ones I enjoy reading. Here they are in no particular order:
1) Cindy at Tales from the Winterdark
2) Rachel at A Doggie Life
3) Allison at Reflections of a Dog Mom
4) Farrah at Old-Fashioned Homekeeper
5) Andrea at My Chihuahua Bites
6) Erin at Life of a College Student
7) Rosie at Reading Rosie
8) Deb and the Bullies at NY Bully Brats
9) Mari at My Little Corner of the World
10) Clive and the Little Man at Assistance Dog for Autism
11) Julie at From Inmates to Playdates
12) My own Kids In Dog Suits (so they can pass it to doggie friends)
13) Catsmum at Susan in Stitches
14) MW at DogGonedMysteries
15) Karen at Karensbrae Terriers
If you have already received this award then that means you do indeed have "One Lovely Blog"
so accept it in the manner in which it was given and know you are doing a great job! ;)
Lastly, I have had a couple of requests for pictures of my glass trophies I have been working on, so here you go....
The fan lamps are what we are giving for Group 1 and High Combined (Obedience) and the 3 Panel table lantern is for Best In Show and High In Trial. The last shot is what my table looks like right now. I have them all turned over to solder the backs first. I have found if I do all my soldering at one time, they come out more uniform. Seems my soldering skills vary from day to day.
I'm outta here for a bit, gotta get back on those trophies.