Monday, March 30, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table



I can't believe I haven't posted anything in a week! But it's time once again for "Tuesdays at the Table" hosted by Andrea over at My Chihuahua Bites. Last week there were some pretty awesome looking recipes posted. Join in, you'll have fun! Post a recipe, then head over to Andrea's place and put a link to your recipe post on Mister Linky, then be sure to check out all the other recipes.


Today I'm posting Cola Chicken. Ok, don't start curling your nose and yelling "eeewww" as strange as it sounds, it really is a yummy recipe. I found it on AllRecipes and I tweaked it a bit. I use Dr. Pepper instead of Coke and I've added the green peppers. Trust me, it's mmmmmm goooood!!

Dr. Pepper Chicken

4 to 6 chicken breast halves

1/4 cup ketchup

1/4 cup cola, regular or diet, or Dr. Pepper

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Arrange chicken breast halves in crockpot. Combine ketchup, cola, onion, and green pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Serve chicken with sauce over rice.

Serves 4 to 6.

Now give it a shot and check out what everyone else has posted this week.





8 comments:

The Chavis Family said...

I saw your recipe on Andrea's blog. Ok I'm taking your word for it that this is good. I LOVE anything in the crockpot so I'll give it a try. :) Thanks for sharing this. ~Kim

Mari said...

The coke is unusual but I've heard it really tenderizes meat. Sounds good!

Mom2fur said...

This looks goooood! I'm going to put it on my list of 'to try' recipes. It looks easy, too--my kinda recipe!

Michelle said...

Hi Angie! Visiting from Andrea's. I've never heard of this chicken but it looks kinda fun to make! I'll try it sometime. :) Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

I never thought you could put coke in food. That is so neat. Have a great Tuesday at the Table top.

Cole said...

Sounds like an interesting recipe! I'll have to give it a try. :-)

AndreaLeigh said...

you know, i've done the beer can chicken and substituted coke, and it was delicious. i bet this is as well. thanks for participating!

momma said...

i've been looking for crock pot recipes. i'm trying to use my crock pot more.