Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table


Can you believe it's Tuesday again? Time for Andrea's Tuesdays at the Table! I have found so many recipes that make me hungry just reading them since she started this! Join the fun, post a recipe or food tip then head over to Andrea's place, My Chihuahua Bites, link up your food post with Mister Linky and go see what everyone else has posted. I warn you, these ladies are posting some awesome recipes, so get ready to have your mouth watering!
Today, I'm posting another really easy recipe (I told you, I like EASY) that is a favorite around my house, not to mention, yummy!
Pepper Steak with Soy Sauce
1 lb. beef round steak or sirloin, cut into strips
2 T. shortening or oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cup water, divided
2 med. onions, cut into strips
2 bell peppers, cut into strips
2 T. cornstarch
cooked rice
Brown meat in shortening or oil until tender. Add soy sauce and 1 1/4 cups of the water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add onions; simmer for 5 minutes. Add peppers; cook until peppers are tender. Mix remaining 1/4 cup water with cornstarch and stir until no lumps remain; add to beef mixture. Allow beef to continue simmering until sauce thickens. Serve over a warm bed of rice.
I'm telling you this is good stuff, we never have leftovers no matter if I double the recipe or not!
Now get on over to My Chihuahua Bites and join in the fun!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I make a very similar recipe and it's so good!

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

I am starved.. and your recipe sounds so good! I promise, I am going to try it!! Easy is what we do!

Jan

Phil said...

Well now, I do believe you are going to be Blogrolled. Thank you so much for stopping by my nuclear waste site!

If ya are a critter lover and haven't killed yer kids yet, yer alright with me.